THE SOLUTION = BeesVita Plus™
BeesVita Plus™ is a revolutionary nutritional system for honey bees that naturally strengthens their defenses, while simultaneously controlling varroa. BVP™protects honey bees from pathogens and the detrimental effects of well-known maladies such as varroa, nosema, monocultures in pollination services, and pesticides. BeesVita Plus™ is a science-oriented combination of natural ingredients that is showing concrete results among commercial and hobbyist beekeepers alike. In addition to containing carbohydrates and essential amino acids, BeesVita Plus™ also contains lipids, essential oils, minerals and antioxidants, making BeesVita Plus™ unique as the only complete honey bee supplement.
BVP™ Unique Product Features:
- High levels of attraction to and consumption by honey bees.
- 100% ALL NATURAL, All of the ingredients are on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ‘Generally Regarded as Safe’ (GRAS) list and have been determined to be suitable for use in the USA, Canada, Central America (including Mexico), South America, New Zealand, Australia and the European Union (including Turkey).
- MINIMUM RISK PESTICIDE. BVP™ is exempt from Federal registration under FIFRA 25(b) and it’s regulation.
- Complete absence of any toxicity.
- The only 100 % all natural food that simultaneously controls varroa.
- No trace of any BVP™ ingredients can be found in the honey produced by bees fed BVP™.
- Proprietary ingredients include carbohydrates, essential amino acids, lipids, carefully chosen essential oils with selected antioxidants, and minerals.
- Significantly lower labor cost than current honey honey bee feeding practices.
- Easily stored in a wide range of cool and dry environments, with a shelf life in excess of two years.
1 – Increased Number of Brood Frame
Beekeepers using BVP™ will enjoy an extra workforce of bees, producing more honey and other related precious bee products.
2 – Fewer Queen Losses
Total number of queens lost in the apiary. It is notable the significant reduction of queens lost when bees were fed with BVP™.
An impressive reduction in queen losses have been confirmed with field tests on a group of hives fed BVP™ in David Hackenberg’s apiaries in Pennsylvania.
3 – Protection Against pesticides
For the first time, a nutritional system was able to limit the detrimental effects of a pesticide – a huge advance in improving the honeybee’s health in the field.
Bees activate their detoxification systems to fight exogenous components such as pesticides. The side effect is that this activation generates molecules, Reactive Oxygen Species (ROX), that can potentially damage the honey bees’ tissues. Under the BVP™ effect, bees express fewer of the many genes responsible for the detoxification system, a strong indication that BVP™ was helping to detoxify the bees’ systems.
Antioxidant capacity (mean+-se mM uric acid equivalents) of lipophiics (dark bars) and hydophilic (light bars) test substances. Substances are: B12=Vitamin B12; B6=Vitamin B6; BC=Beta Carotene; BHT=Butylated Hydroxytoluene; BVP™= BeesVita Plus™ in molecular grade water.
Data shows that BVP™ has not only from 17 to 38 times more antioxidant power than other products for bees already in the market, but also shows that BVP™ is stronger than vitamins B6, B12 and beta-carotene combined.
No other product on the market has shown such standards for antioxidative capacity as BVP™. Dr. Steven Cook at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has confirmed the unprecedented antioxidant power of BVP™. Antioxidants are the key factor to control ROX and stop the damage caused by oxidative stress.
To follow up the transcriptome experiment and also the oxidative analysis of BVP™ with further evidence, Dr. Cook performed
a cage study exposing bees fed BVP™ for a week to Paraquat, a strong herbicide, and measuring the levels of reactive oxygen
Mean ± s.e.m levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in micromolar hydrogen peroxide equivalents, measured using commercial fluorometric assay kit (Cell BioLabs). The addition of BeesVita Plus™ reduced the level of ROS in bees exposed to the toxin Paraquat.
The results were incredible. BeesVita Plus™ impairs the amount of ROS formed by the herbicide, demonstrating for the first time that a nutritional system can lower the detrimental effects of pesticides.
Healthy Bees, LLC™ believes that beekeepers can greatly expand their profit margins.
- By significantly reducing colony loss.
- Having a food that simultaneously controls varroa.
- Substantially increasing the production of honey.
- Lowering labor costs.
- By significantly reducing employee health issues caused by direct contact with other industry varroa-controlling pesticides and agents.
- Increasing the overall health of their bee populations.
THIRD PARTY EVALUATION TESTS AND FIELD TRIALS
HealthyBees, LLC™ is currently conducting the largest field trials ever performed in the world in order to study the effects of BVP™ on honey bees in different environments. Dr. Erica Teixeira, from Agencia Paulista de Tecnologia dos Agronegocios (APTA), is currently conducting trials in Brazil; Dr. Graciela Rodriguez and Dr. Emilio Figini and their teams are conducting trials in Argentina (INTA- www.inta.gob.ar/ascasubi); while Dr. Giovanni Formato and his team have completed trials in Italy (IZS, Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale- www.izslt.it/).
In the United States, we are currently conducting three field trials that are being evaluated by two independent third party administrators. Bee Informed Partnership (BIP) is overseeing year-long field trials in California, while Dr. Jody Johnson from Cullaborate LLC is overseeing field trials at apiaries in Florida and Pennsylvania. Various experiments and trials are also being conducted in the USDA Bee Research Laboratory at the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center in Maryland under the supervision of Dr. Steven Cook.
In Turkey, Dr. Asli Özkirim (“The Queen Bee”), from Hacettepe University (www.harum.hacettepe.edu.tr/asli_ozkirim.shtml), is conducting trials in 10 different locations. The trials have commenced in Ağri, Ankara, Antalya, Artvin, Bursa, Diyarbakir, Düzce, Kirklareli, Muğla, Ordu. These locations were carefully selected to show BVP™’s efficacy amongst the diverse climates and beekeeping practices throughout Turkey.